SK HYNIX 32GB DDR4 DIMM PC4-23400, 2933Mhz, 1,2V ECC registered
For the new Apple MacPro 8Core, 12Core, 16Core, 24Core, 28Core Intel XEON W 2019 and Apple iMac PRO
- SK HYNIX is also APPLE original supplier for main memory!
The Mac Pro 7,1 features a memory controller with 6 channels and 12 memory slots. It can accommodate 1.5TB of memory consisting of ECC-compliant 2933MHz DDR4 DIMMs.
Please refer to the configuration diagram on the inside of the DIMM covers!
When you upgrade the memory of your Mac Pro, the new memory module has to meet these requirements:
- Unabridged DDR4 DIMM at 2933 MHz. Using memory with different clock speeds is not recommended.
- Error correction code (ECC)
- DIMMs with 8 GB, 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB or 128 GB
- LR DIMMS as a mix of either 64GB + 128GB modules or 8GB + 16GB + 32GB modules
- Registered DIMM (R-DIMM) OR Load-Reduced DIMM (LR-DIMM).
- Use memory modules of equal capacity in all slots for optimal performance.
- DIMMs with heatsink are not supported and may damage the DIMM mechanism!
The Mac Pro supports both R-DIMMs and LR-DIMMs, but the two types must not be used simultaneously. If R-DIMMs and LR-DIMMs are used at the same time, the status light will flash to indicate a memory error when the computer starts up!
Mac Pro 8 Core - max. RAM capacity: 768GB/2666Mhz
Mac Pro 12 Core - max RAM capacity: 768GB/2933Mhz
Mac Pro 16 Core - max. RAM capacity: 768GB/2933Mhz
Mac Pro 24 Core - max. RAM capacity: 1.5TB/2933Mhz
Mac Pro 28 Core - max. RAM capacity: 1.5TB/2933Mhz
Mac Pro models configured by Apple include the following types of DIMM:
- R-DIMMs for configurations up to 192GB (6 x 32GB).
- LR-DIMMs for configurations of 384GB (6 x 64GB) or larger.
All memory modules for the Mac Pro run at 2933Mhz, except for those of the Mac Pro models with 8-core processors, which run at 2666Mhz.
Also compatible with iMac Pro (2017)
The modules clock down to 2666Mhz.
Warranty: 3 years