Mercury Helios 3S
Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Expansion Solution
Instead of buying one or more function-dedicated Thunderbolt interface devices, you can use Mercury Helios 3S like a dock for multiple PCIe cards. Capture incredibly high-quality audio with a PCIe audio card and then retask Helios 3S with a PCIe SSD card to edit and archive tracks. You can swap cards in minutes, adding a new level of flexibility to your workflow.
- Video capture
- Digital audio
- Solid State Drive (SSD)
- 40GbE/10GbE network adapters
- SAS controllers
- Firewire, USB, or eSATA host adapters
No tools required either...just remove two thumb screws and insert a card to start enjoying productivity gains wherever your work takes you.
OWC Part Number
- macOS 10.13 or later
- Windows 10 or later
PCIe Cards Supported
- Mechanical: x16 slot and enclosure support cards up to half-length, full-height, and double-width
- Bandwidth: PCIe 3.0 x4. Cards that require a minimum of x8 or more PCIe lanes are not supported.
- GPUs not supported
- If the card requires a driver it must be Thunderbolt-aware.
- Cards that require more than 75W are not supported.
- (2) Thunderbolt 3
- (1) DisplayPort 1.4
- Thunderbolt 3: Titan Ridge (JHL7440)
- PCI Express 3.0 interface (x4) with x16 physical slot
Display Host Capabilities
- Supports dual display configurations via Thunderbolt 3 and DisplayPort
- The DisplayPort does not support DP++
- When using a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, make sure to use an active adapter.
- AC Input 2.2A 100-240V 50-60Hz
- DC Output 12.5A 12V
- Wattage 150W
- Height: 8.2 cm (3.2 in)
- Width: 14.3 cm (5.6 in)
- Length: 23.3 cm (9.2 in)
- 1.6 kg (3.64 lbs)
- The Mercury Helios 3S can deliver up to 85W of power for host charging when the host is connect to the 85W port.
- If the PCIe card installed uses more than 25W of power, plug in the power adapter to your host.
- You can use the Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter from Apple to connect this device to a Thunderbolt 2 computer. Power Delivery is not supported in this configuration and bandwidth will be limited to ~ 1375 MB/s.
- Full DisplayPort 1.4 capabilities including 8K resolution depends on host computer support of DisplayPort 1.4 specification through its Thunderbolt 3 connection, host computer GPU capabilities, and connecting cable capabilities.
Manufacturer provided specifications for Other World Computing p/n HELIOS3S UPC#: 810586032773
- (1) Mercury Helios 3S
- (1) Thunderbolt 3 cable
- (1) External power supply
- (1) Power cable
- (1) User guide