1.0TB Accelsior 4M2
PCIe M.2 NVMe SSD Adapter Card
You can also enjoy the performance boosting benefits of Accelsior 4M2 with your Thunderbolt 3-equipped notebook computer, iMac workstation, or slot filled gaming rig. It’s Plug and Play easy with a PCIe expansion chassis like the OWC Mercury Helios 3S (sold separately and coming soon).
- Stream and edit high-res video and graphics files without a glitch.
- Experience faster previews, renders, and processing in VFX programs.
- Keep page scenery and textures looking sharp and flowing uninterrupted in virtual reality environments.
- Ensure augmented reality visualizations look life-like.
- Change game levels seamlessly and play flight/driving/MMO games with continuously changing scenery and heavily personal preference modded games without micro-stuttering.
- Give your computer a significant speed boost with improved system “snappiness”, a fast OS boot drive, or a bottleneck-free scratch drive.
We understand having confidence in gear reliability is paramount to creative professionals. That’s why every Accelsior 4M2 pre-configured solution undergoes a multi-step performance certification prior to shipping. This ensures your Accelsior 4M2 arrives operating properly and immediately ready for demanding use.
OWC Part Number
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- macOS 10.14 Mojave
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- Windows 10 32-bit Edition
- Windows 10 64-bit Edition
- Windows Server 2016
- Requires macOS 10.13.6 or later
- Software RAID (SoftRAID)
- 1.0 TB
- 931 GiB
- Full Height Half Length PCIe
- PCIe 3.0
- ASMedia ASM2824
NAND Flash Components
- Toshiba Synchronous Triple-Level Cell (TLC) 3D NAND Flash
- Standard attributes supported
Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
- Up to 32 simultaneous commands
- (4) NVMe 1.3 M.2 Slots (PCIe 3.0 x4)
Internal Connector Form Factor
- M.2 - 2280 "M Key"
- Sequential Read (Max) Up to 6318 MB/s
- Sequential Write (Max) Up to 6775 MB/s
- Sequential Read (Average) 6280 MB/s
- Sequential Write (Average) 6356 MB/s
Nonrecoverable Read Errors
- 1 per 1016 bits read
- OS Dependent
- Built-in ECC
- 380TB total bytes written (TBW), equal to 149 GB per day for 7 years
- Environmental (Operating)
- Temperature (°F) 41° — 107°
- Temperature (°C) 5° — 42°
- Humidity 8% to 90% non-condensing
- Altitude -304.8 m to 3,048.0 m (-1,000 ft to 10,000 ft)
- Environmental (Non-Operating)
- Temperature (°F) −40° — 149°
- Temperature (°C) −40° — 65°
- Humidity 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Altitude -304.8 m to 12,192.0 m (-1,000 ft to 40,000 ft)
- Height: 12.6 cm (5.0 in)
- Width: 2.2 cm (0.9 in)
- Length: 18.1 cm (7.1 in)
- 381.0 g (0.84 lbs)
- Idle (Typical) 0.0 bels
- Seek (Typical) 0.0 bels
- Data transfer rates will vary based on SSDs used, CPU speed, RAID setting, and PCIe version.
- Backward compatible with PCIe 2.0 slots with reduced speeds.
- Performance in a Thunderbolt 3 PCIe expansion chassis limited by maximum Thunderbolt 3 PCIe bandwidth of 2800MB/s.
- Bootable using a single, independent M.2 startup disk, with the other three M.2 SSDs configured as independent volumes or as a software RAID (SoftRAID or Apple RAID). Mac Pro (2010-2012) requires macOS 10.14.6. Mac Pro (2019) requires macOS 10.15.1 or later.
Accelsior 4M2: Mac Pro Install Notes
Created on: December 30, 2019
Last updated: December 30, 2019
2019 Mac Pro Installs
Please note that the initial batch of Accelsior 4M2 drives have a heat sink that prevents the device from being properly installed in the 2019 Mac Pro. These models were given a specific part number that begins with OWCSSDACC4M2. Those models which will install normally on a 2019 Mac Pro were given the base part OWCSSDACL4M2 The part number groupings are shown below.
Part Numbers (Mac Pro 2010-2012 only + PC)
Part Numbers (also compatible with 2019 Mac Pro):
2010-2012 Mac Pro Installs
Additionally, certain PCIe install configurations are not recommended or supported. Specifically, when certain double-width GPUs are installed in the bottom x16 slot (default / recommended), and the Accelsior 4M2 is installed in the neighboring x16 slot, either the GPU's shroud or its fans can contact one or more screws (or PCBA components) on the bottom of the Accelsior 4M2, causing potential problems. For this reason the XFX RX 580 cards sold by OWC — such as OWCMP1012R580V — cannot be used in conjunction with the Accelsior 4M2 in the above-noted configuration; the Accelsior 4M2 would have to be installed in one of the x4 slots higher up the logic board, which would result in reduced SSD performance.
The following commonly used double-wide GPUs have also been sold by OWC in the past, have been tested with the Accelsior 4M2 in the above dual x16 configuration, and did not make contact with the fans or other critical card components. If each card is installed properly according to Apple's PCIe card recommendations for these Mac Pro models, these configurations should work.
- Sapphire Radeon 7950
- Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8G
- (1) Accelsior 4M2
- (1) SoftRAID
- (1) Quick start guide