4-Bay Storage Enclosure with Dual Thunderbolt 3 Ports
Mac / PC / Thunderbolt 3 / DisplayPort 1.2 / RAID 5
The Speed You Need
All New Design for Power and Performance
ThunderBay 4, OWC's flagship 4-bay RAID ready powerhouse is bigger and faster than ever before. Now with the unbelievable performance of Thunderbolt 3 — up to 1527MB/s sustained performance1 — it's the ultimate workhorse external storage solution.
Not only faster, the new ThunderBay 4 Thunderbolt 3 is now natively compatible with both 2.5" and 3.5" drives, and with a redesigned chassis, it's even cooler and quieter too. Add vast amounts of high-performance storage with ThunderBay 4.
Utilize each of the four internal drives independently, or use the software RAID of your choice to setup a multi-drive array for high performance or data redundancy.
Edit, Experiment, Create, Design
Designed with performance in mind and engineered to harness the power of Thunderbolt 3, ThunderBay 4 is an incredibly flexible external solution with the throughput to support multi-stream compressed 4K video and other bandwidth-intensive operations.
Highly configurable to perfectly match your performance needs. Use each drive independently, or in the RAID configuration of your choice for the optimal balance of performance and data-redundancy. Get the most out of your storage, take the brakes off your workflow, and do more with a ThunderBay 4.
Certified and Tested
Each ThunderBay 4 undergoes OWC's multi-hour drive "burn-in" performance certification procedure prior to shipping. This ensures your ThunderBay 4 arrives operating properly, ready for demanding use.
Backed by OWC
You can rely on OWC's award-winning U.S.-based support for the ThunderBay 4 solution. Plus, ThunderBay 4 comes with an OWC Limited Warranty.
- No disks included
- RAID 4
- RAID 1 (Mirror)
- RAID 0 (Strip)
- RAID 0+1
- RAID 5
- SATA III
- HDD 3,5"
- DAS (Direct Attached Storage)
- macOS 10.12.2 or later
- Windows 10 or later
- Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt 3 interface
- Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 interface1
- (2) Thunderbolt 3 (Intel DSL6540)
- (1) DisplayPort
Max Transfer Rate
- Thunderbolt 3: 40 Gb/s (5000 MB/s)
JBOD / RAID Support
- JBOD: Utilize each of the four drives independently
- RAID: Use any Software RAID of your choice to setup the ThunderBay 4 for multi-drive performance or data redundancy
- Includes SoftRAID Lite with support for RAID 0 and 1. Upgrade option for RAID 4, 5, 1+0 capability
- (4) 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s drives or
- (4) 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s drives
- SATA revision 3.0 (6Gb/s) compliant
- Compatible with SATA revisions 2.0 (3Gb/s) and 1.0 (1.5Gb/s)
Kensington Lock Slot
- Yes (Power and disk activity)
Plug and Play
- Power Supply
- AC input: 100 - 230V
- Environmental (Operating)
- Temperature (°F) 50° — 95°
- Temperature (°C) 10° — 35°
- Environmental (Non-Operating)
- Temperature (°F) −40° — 149°
- Temperature (°C) −40° — 65°
- Height: 7.0 in (177 mm)
- Width: 5.3 in (135 mm)
- Length: 9.6 in (245 mm)
- 3.9 kg (8.6 lbs)
1. Thunderbolt/Thunderbolt 2 compatibility requires a certified Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 (mDP) adapter. Compatibility will be at Thunderbolt/Thunderbolt 2 speeds.Manufacturer provided specifications for Other World Computing p/n TB3IVKIT0GB UPC#: 812437029567
(27-inch Late 2017)
(27-inch Mid 2017)
(21.5-inch Mid 2017)
- OWC ThunderBay 4 high performance hard drive enclosure with Thunderbolt 3
- 2.0 meter (79 in) Thunderbolt 3 cable
- External power cable
- 2 Security Keys
- ThunderBay 4 Quick Start Guide
- SoftRAID XT
- SoftRAID XT Quick Start Guide