Thunderbolt™ 3 Enclosure for M.2 NVMe SSD
World’s first Thunderbolt™certified bus-powered ‘add your own drive' enclosure
History-Making DIY Pocket-Sized Storage Solution
While small in stature, the OWC Envoy Express is big news. For the first time ever in the history of Thunderbolt™, you can buy a bus-powered Thunderbolt™ certified enclosure and install your own drive in it. Finally…a DIY kit that lets you break free of pre-configured choice limits so you can build a pocket-sized storage solution to meet your specific needs. And rebuild it anytime those needs change. Equally revolutionary is the included slide mount. This surface-safe removeable drive holder allows you to slide the Envoy Express onto the back of your notebook’s screen for out-of-the-way mobile use convenience. More options. More usability. More functionality...only from OWC.
The Power of Build Your Own Options
Build your Envoy Express with a brand-new drive for a fast boot drive. Re-task an existing drive replaced during an upgrade for added storage and backup capacity. Or, use Envoy Express to regain access to files on a drive removed from an inoperable machine. Whatever the reason you want to build your own bus-powered Thunderbolt enclosure, Envoy Express gives you the power to make it happen.
Backup, Play, and Edit. Faster.
Whether you want to backup your growing photo and music libraries, need to share files, play more PS4/Xbox games, or even want to capture and edit up to 8K video, the Envoy Express can be used for a variety of needs. And it’s built to support super-fast sustained data transfer rates up to 1553MB/s…often faster than your machine’s internal drive performance!
Uses Today’s and Tomorrow’s Drives
Designed to support any 2280 NVMe M.2 SSD, the Envoy Express gives you the freedom of flexibility to use any drive today - including the OWC Aura series of M.2 NVMe SSDs with capacities up to 4.0TB - as well as being ready for tomorrow’s 8.0TB, 16TB and future capacities without limit.
Gets Onboard with Macs and PCs
Today’s office is often a tiny bistro table, your lap in a remote location, or a cramped airplane seat. There’s no power outlet and not enough room for an external drive. Besides being the industry’s first Thunderbolt™ 3 bus powered (no power adapter required) enclosure, the Envoy Express is the first to include a notebook mounting system.
Removeable adhesive gel and a lightweight yet durable plastic holder secures the Envoy Express onto the back of your Thunderbolt™ 3-equipped Mac or PC notebook screen. Easy to add and easy to remove with no marking or marring.
Need to share the Envoy Express? It can work cross-platform with Macs and PCs using OWC's MacDrive software
(sold separately). Peace between the platforms.
Note: 1 Drive not included. Performance results will vary depending on user installed drive. 1553MB/s performance based on testing a 2.0TB OWC Aura Pro P12 equipped Envoy Express connected to an iMac Pro Late 2017 (iMacPro1,1) with 32GB RAM and 3.2GHz processor running AJA System Test (4K-Full resolution, 16GB file size, 10bit RGB codec, single file test).
Θύρες διασύνδεσης με άλλες συσκευές.
Windows PC Compatibility:
Designed, assembled and tested in the USA
2 Year OWC Limited Warranty
- Boot Support
- Thunderbolt 3: Intel Alpine Ridge LP
- Plug and Play
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures)
- Varies depending on drive mechanism installed
- Contact Start Stops
- Varies depending on drive mechanism installed
- Mac OS Compatibility
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- macOS 10.14 Mojave
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 11.x Big Sur
- macOS 12.x Monterey
- PC OS Compatibility
- Windows 11
- Windows 10 64-bit Edition
- Windows Server 2016
- Host Port Requirements
- Driver Required
- Power Supply
- External Power Adapter
- Number of Bays
- Drive Bays
- 1 bay supporting: M.2 drives
- Supports NVMe M.2 2280 "M Key" SSDs
- Device Ports
- (1) Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) Port
- Security Slot
- Power/Activity LED
- *Select drives may disable the LED function of this product.
- Housing Color
- Housing Material
- Height: 1.2 cm (0.5 in)
- Length: 10.6 cm (4.2 in)
- Width: 4.4 cm (1.7 in)
- Captive Cable Length: 30.0 cm (11.8 in)
- Ambient Temperature
- Operating: 41°F to 95°F (5°C to 35°C)
- Non-Operating: -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C)
- Operating: -304.8 m to 3,048.0 m (-1,000 ft to 10,000 ft)
- Non-Operating: -304.8 m to 12,192.0 m (-1,000 ft to 40,000 ft)
- Operating: 8% to 90% non-condensing
- Non-Operating: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Operating: Varies depending on drive mechanism installed
- Non-Operating: Varies depending on drive mechanism installed
- Hynix Gold P31 and Samsung PM981a SSD’s are only compatible with Windows 10 when installed in this enclosure.
- Plextor M8Pe(G) M.2 SSDs do not support external booting.
Manufacturer provided specifications for OWC p/n OWCTB3ENVXP00