Aura Pro X2
480GB NVMe SSD Upgrade Solution
for MacBook Pro w/ Retina Display (Late 2013 - Mid 2015) and MacBook Air (Mid 2013 -Mid 2017)
Aura Pro X2 is designed for the latest macOS versions (macOS High Sierra 10.13 and later), taking full advantage of the advanced features of APFS including: strong encryption, copy-on-write metadata, space sharing, cloning for files and directories, snapshots, fast directory sizing, atomic safe-save primitives, and improved file system fundamentals.
When you remove your original flash SSD, it fits perfectly into Envoy Pro so you can transfer all your data to the new Aura Pro X2 inside your laptop. Once the file transfer is complete, enjoy using your Mac's original flash SSD as a fast, external USB drive with transfer speeds up to 426MB/s.
Note: The OWC Envoy Pro enclosure is specifically designed for use ONLY with the factory SSD installed in select Apple Macintosh computers. Do NOT attempt to install or use OWC Aura, Aura Pro X, or Aura Pro X2 SSDs in the Envoy Pro as you may damage the OWC drive, the enclosure, or both, and such damage is not covered under warranty.
- NVMe – PCIe 3.1 x4
- Total Flash Memory
- Designed for macOS 10.13 and beyond
OWC 5 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Other World Computing, Inc. (“OWC”) warrants to the original purchaser of OWC Product that the Product is free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase. OWC will, at its discretion, repair a defective Product with new or refurbished parts, or replace the Product with the same or equivalent product, during the warranty period.
EXCLUSIONS & LIMITATIONS
This five (5) year limited warranty applies only to products that are free from damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, mishandling, improper installation, operation outside of the permitted or intended uses, failure to follow instructions relating to the product’s use, modification, flood, fire, earthquake, upgrades or servicing by anyone other than an authorized OWC Service Provider; and/or products which have had the serial number removed or defaced; and/or garage sale items.
THIS WARRANTY AND REMEDIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. OWC SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS. TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY LAW, SUCH STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY AND TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS DETERMINED BY OWC IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION.
OWC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION. OWC DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION THAT IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR ANY PRODUCT UNDER THIS WARRANTY OR MAKE A PRODUCT EXCHANGE WITHOUT RISK TO, CORRUPTION OF OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA.
TO MAXIMIZE YOUR DATA PROTECTION, OWC RECOMMENDS THAT YOU KEEP AN ADDITIONAL COPY OF YOUR DATA IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LOCATION.
SPECIFIC PRODUCT EXCLUSIONS & LIMITATIONS
Jupiter Storage Solution Only: Cables and other consumables and battery back up units are not covered beyond three (3) years and are specifically excluded from warranty coverage after three (3) years from original purchase date.
This warranty does not include labor for repair.
480GB Aura Pro X2 SSD Specifications:
Total Flash Memory Components: 512GB
32 GB Allocated to real-time data redundancy and error correction
- 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending upon operating environment (typically 5-10% less). The actual total capacity will depend on your own defined file settings/preferences.
- In terms of standard gigabytes, 1GiB ≈ 1.074GB and refers to the actual formatted capacity if shown under Mac OS 10.5 or earlier and Microsoft Windows OS.
- The Aura Pro X2 is a high performance PCIe 3.1 x4 NVMe SSD capable of performing in excess of 3000MB/s in Macs with PCIe3.0 x4 SSD slot. Performance can vary depending on many factors, including the Mac model and its drive bus specifications. Please check the compatibility section and the detailed specs for your Mac model's drive bus specifications.
- Sequential read/write (max) performance numbers are based on testing with AJA System Test (4K-Full resolution, 64GB file size, 16bit RGBA codec, file per frame test) on a Mid 2015 MacBook Pro (MacBookPro11,4).
- Not compatible with Apple Boot Camp on MacBookPro11,1 or MacBookAir6,1 or MacBookAir6,2.
Envoy Pro Specifications:
- OS X 10.3 or later
- Windows XP or later
- Linux OS with support for USB 3.0
- Driver not required
- Mac or PC featuring USB 3.0 interface
- Any Mac that supports booting via USB
- (1) USB 3.0 Micro-B (PLX USB 3380)
- Up to 500 MB/s Read and Write
- Speeds will vary based on drives used, setup, and other factors.
- Bus-powered via USB port
- Requires USB 3.0 standard powered port. USB 2.0 use not supported or recommended.
- Environmental (Operating)
- Dependent on mechanism installed
- Environmental (Non-Operating)
- Dependent on mechanism installed
- Height: 0.4 in (1.0 cm)
- Width: 2.1 in (5.3 cm)
- Length: 4.5 in (11.4 cm)
Weight (without drive)
- 3.4 oz (96.4 g)