Aura Pro X2
240GB Solid-state Drive
for select 2013 and later Macs
Aura Pro X2 is designed for the latest macOS versions (macOS High Sierra 10.13 and later), taking full advantage of the advanced features of APFS including: strong encryption, copy-on-write metadata, space sharing, cloning for files and directories, snapshots, fast directory sizing, atomic safe-save primitives, and improved file system fundamentals.
Aura Pro X2 SSDs are proudly designed in Austin and are backed by a lifetime of free, award-winning USA-based support.
- NVMe – PCIe 3.1 x4
- Total Flash Memory
- Designed for macOS 10.13 and beyond
OWC 5 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Other World Computing, Inc. (“OWC”) warrants to the original purchaser of OWC Product that the Product is free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase. OWC will, at its discretion, repair a defective Product with new or refurbished parts, or replace the Product with the same or equivalent product, during the warranty period.
EXCLUSIONS & LIMITATIONS
This five (5) year limited warranty applies only to products that are free from damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, mishandling, improper installation, operation outside of the permitted or intended uses, failure to follow instructions relating to the product’s use, modification, flood, fire, earthquake, upgrades or servicing by anyone other than an authorized OWC Service Provider; and/or products which have had the serial number removed or defaced; and/or garage sale items.
THIS WARRANTY AND REMEDIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. OWC SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS. TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY LAW, SUCH STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY AND TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS DETERMINED BY OWC IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION.
OWC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION. OWC DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION THAT IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR ANY PRODUCT UNDER THIS WARRANTY OR MAKE A PRODUCT EXCHANGE WITHOUT RISK TO, CORRUPTION OF OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA.
TO MAXIMIZE YOUR DATA PROTECTION, OWC RECOMMENDS THAT YOU KEEP AN ADDITIONAL COPY OF YOUR DATA IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LOCATION.
SPECIFIC PRODUCT EXCLUSIONS & LIMITATIONS
Jupiter Storage Solution Only: Cables and other consumables and battery back up units are not covered beyond three (3) years and are specifically excluded from warranty coverage after three (3) years from original purchase date.
This warranty does not include labor for repair.
240GB Aura Pro X2 SSD Specifications:
Total Flash Memory Components: 256GB
16 GB Allocated to real-time data redundancy and error correction
- 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending upon operating environment (typically 5-10% less). The actual total capacity will depend on your own defined file settings/preferences.
- In terms of standard gigabytes, 1GiB ≈ 1.074GB and refers to the actual formatted capacity if shown under Mac OS 10.5 or earlier and Microsoft Windows OS.
- The Aura Pro X2 is a high performance PCIe 3.1 x4 NVMe SSD capable of performing in excess of 3000MB/s in Macs with PCIe3.0 x4 SSD slot. Performance can vary depending on many factors, including the Mac model and its drive bus specifications. Please check the compatibility section and the detailed specs for your Mac model's drive bus specifications.
- Sequential read/write (max) performance numbers are based on testing with AJA System Test (4K-Full resolution, 64GB file size, 16bit RGBA codec, file per frame test) on a Mid 2015 MacBook Pro (MacBookPro11,4).
- Not compatible with Apple Boot Camp on MacBookPro11,1 or MacBookAir6,1 or MacBookAir6,2.