For the first time ever, the OWC Thunderbolt™ Hub lets you consolidate and simplify the connectivity between all your devices with all the Thunderbolt ports you’ve always wanted. The OWC Thunderbolt Hub’s four Thunderbolt (USB-C) ports and one USB port massively expand the connection possibilities of your Apple M1 Mac, any Apple ‘Intel’ Mac with Thunderbolt 3, or any Thunderbolt 4 PC so you can do more and do it all easier.
Through a single Thunderbolt port on your Mac or PC1, you can literally connect and charge anything via this compact hub: dual 4K displays or one 5K/6K/8K display, high-performance storage including NVMe solutions, A/V mixers, phone or tablet, even desktop accessories like a keyboard or mouse. Accessories with past, present or future USB or Thunderbolt interfaces…they all connect to the OWC Thunderbolt Hub.
Removing any device other than the last one in a daisy chain will break your chain and disconnect devices until the chain connection is re-established. The OWC Thunderbolt Hub lets you create three separate “tree branch” chains so you can remove devices from one chain without affecting or disconnecting the other chains. You can even add three Thunderbolt bus-powered devices.
In the past, daisy chaining external storage required you to place it as close to the front of the chain for the fastest and most reliable performance. That wasn’t possible with bus-powered drives as they had to be placed last in the Thunderbolt chain…and the chain was limited to just one bus-powered device! Now you can connect multiple portable SSDs directly to the OWC Thunderbolt Hub and experience the fastest speed your storage device can deliver.
Thanks to its Thunderbolt technology, the OWC Thunderbolt Hub lets you connect to a 5K/6K/8K display or two 4K displays. Enjoy more precise and vivid details in graphic-intensive CAD drawings and Photoshop images. Edit large format video on one display while previewing the raw playback on the second display. Attend a video meeting on one screen while editing content on another. Whatever your workstation display needs, the OWC Thunderbolt Hub gives you the vision to take it to a higher level.
Whether you’re taking a short break or are done for the day, the OWC Thunderbolt Hub keeps you powering ahead. No matter if your machine goes into sleep mode, the Thunderbolt and USB ports continue to power and/or charge connected devices.
OWC Dock Ejector software safely disconnects multiple drives connected to the OWC Thunderbolt Hub in a single click. Designed by OWC hardware and software engineers, Dock Ejector ensures all data is written before disconnection, saving time and protecting against data loss.
OWC’s free Dock Ejector app includes a special driver that enables your OWC Thunderbolt Dock to play and burn CDs and DVDs with the Apple SuperDrive. Just connect the SuperDrive to an open USB-A port on the OWC Thunderbolt Dock for bus power to watch a DVD movie, listen to music CDs, create a backup disk, and install software.
Active workspaces expose gear to bumps, shoves, and the random tail wag from a pet. Just one ill-timed touch can cause an accidental cable disconnection interruption to your workflow. OWC ClingOn custom cable stabilizers (sold separately) screw into the OWC Thunderbolt Hub’s housing to secure your Thunderbolt (USB-C) connections so you can work with confidence even in the highest foot traffic environments.
- Supported on Apple M1 Mac models and Apple ‘Intel’ Mac with Thunderbolt 3 running macOS ‘Big Sur’ or newer. Supported on Windows PCs with Thunderbolt 4 ports.
- Actual display support varies upon computer. Intel-based Mac models and Thunderbolt 4 PCs support two displays over a Thunderbolt port. Apple M1 Mac models support a single display over a Thunderbolt port.
- USB port provides up to 1.5A of power for bus powered drives and device charging. Thunderbolt 4 ports for device connection provide up to 15W of power.
- Space Gray
- Display Support
- Up to one 8K display @ 60Hz,
- or one 5K display @ 60Hz,
- or one 4K display @ 120Hz,
- or one 4K display @ 60Hz,
- or one 4K display @ 30Hz
- Display Support by Port
- Thunderbolt 4: Up to 8K @ 60Hz or 4K @ 120Hz via a native Thunderbolt 4 display or other display that supports USB-C connections and DisplayPort 1.4
- RoHS Compliant
- Data Rate
- Thunderbolt 4: Up To 40Gb/s
- Reach Certification
- Mac OS Compatibility
- macOS 11.1 Big Sur
- PC OS Compatibility
- Windows 10 64-bit Edition
- Host Port Requirements
- Works with Thunderbolt 3 or later and USB4 equipped Mac or Windows PC.
- Power Supply
- External UL-listed universal auto-switching power supply
- AC Input
- 100-240V, 50/60Hz, 1.5A
- DC Output
- +20V, 5.5A
- 110W Watts
- External Power Adapter
- Power Delivery
- Provides up to 60W Power Delivery via host port.
- Device Ports
- (4) Thunderbolt 4 (USB-C) Ports
- (1) USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A Port up to 10Gb/s (1250MB/s) - USB 2.0/3.0 backwards compatible
- Security Slot
- Housing Color
- Chassis: Space Gray
- Covers: Polycarbonate
- Housing Material
- Chassis: Aluminum
- Covers: Polycarbonate
- Height: 1.7 cm (0.7 in)
- Length: 11.8 cm (4.6 in)
- Width: 7.3 cm (2.9 in)
- 209.0 g (0.46 lbs)
- Ambient Temperature
- Operating: 32°F to 86°F (0°C to 30°C)
- Non-Operating: -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C)
- Operating: -304.8 m to 3,048.0 m (-1,000 ft to 10,000 ft)
- Non-Operating: -304.8 m to 12,192.0 m (-1,000 ft to 40,000 ft)
- Operating: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Non-Operating: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Actual display support varies upon computer specifications. Supported Intel-based Mac models and Thunderbolt 4 PCs support two displays over a Thunderbolt port. The following Apple M1 Mac models support a single display over a Thunderbolt port:
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) - MacBookPro17,1
- MacBook Air (M1, 2020) - MacBookAir10,1
- Mac mini (M1, 2020) - Macmini9,1
- The following Mac models have DisplayPort 1.4, but offer only partial support for DisplayPort 1.4, limiting the resolution to (for example) 5K or 6K at 60Hz. Please review Apple's display specifications for your specific Mac to determine the maximum supported resolution and color depth:
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) - MacBookPro15,1
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports) - MacBookPro15,2
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports) - MacBookPro15,2
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019) - MacBookPro15,1 and MacBookPro15,3
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) - MacBookPro15,4
- MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) - MacBookPro16,1 and MacBookPro16,4
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports) - MacBookPro16,2
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) - MacBookPro16,3
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018) - MacBookAir8,1
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019) - MacBookAir8,2
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020) - MacBookAir9,1
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) - iMac19,1
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019) - iMac19,2
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020) - iMac20,1 and iMac20,2
- Mac mini (2018) - Macmini8,1
- Mac Pro (2019) - MacPro7,1
- Mac Pro (Rack, 2019) - MacPro7,1
- (1) OWC Thunderbolt Hub
- (1) Thunderbolt cable
- (1) Power supply
- (1) Quick start guide
- 2 Year OWC Limited Warranty