Thunderbolt 3 Dock
Mac / Windows / Thunderbolt 3
One Cable. Connectivity for Your World.
Through a single cable the OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock brings an unprecedented combination of ports, convenience, and power to your Thunderbolt 3 equipped Windows PC or Mac. Bring functionality back to your notebook. Quickly access all of the displays and peripherals at your desk while minimizing desk clutter. Charge your computer and all of your mobile devices simultaneously. Connect and make any shared workspace feel like home.
Welcome to your new world of connectivity.
Connect. Work. Disconnect. Go.
The days of only working at your desk are gone. We're always on the move bouncing between our desks, meetings, and couches – often in a hurry. With a single connection to your notebook computer, the OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock makes coming back to your desk to work and leaving your desk to run to a meeting, a much quicker endeavor.
The right ports, right where you need them
Our engineers evaluated thousands of possibilities in discovering the optimal port configuration for nearly any environment. With its 14 ports of connectivity thoughtfully placed, the OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock delivers convenience while keeping desktops clutter–free. The docking station's front is designed for the easy connection of your portable devices, headphones and media cards, while the rear features a multitude of ports for your static devices so cables stay out of sight.
- (1) USB-C (USB 3.1 Gen 2) port
- (1) USB-A (USB 3.1 Gen 1) port
- (1) SD card reader slot
- (1) microSD card reader slot
- (1) Combo in/out audio jack
- (2) Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- (1) Mini DisplayPort 1.2
- (4) USB-A (USB 3.1 Gen 1) ports
- (1) Gigabit Ethernet
- (1) S/PDIF digital audio output jack
Power to the ports.
Leave your power adapters in your bag! The OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock provides 85W of power to your computer via the Thunderbolt 3 connection and has multiple high-power USB ports to charge your mobile devices. The days of searching for your power adapter are officially over.
Thoughtful design – inside and out
Carefully chosen ports and functionality bring a new world of possibilities to your desktop, but we've also worked to ensure the OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock is built to last. A seamless design wrapped in a single piece of aluminum brings a rugged exterior to endure your day-to-day, while maintaining a stylish design that complements any workspace.
- Space Gray
- Display Support
- Up to one 5K display @ 60Hz,
- or two 4K displays @ 60Hz
- Display Support by Port
- Thunderbolt 3: Up to 5K @ 60Hz via a native Thunderbolt 3 display or 4K @ 60Hz via a Thunderbolt display or a USB-C display adapter
- Mini DisplayPort 1.2: Up to 4K @ 60Hz
- Thunderbolt 3 - Intel JHL6540
- USB Type-C - ASMedia ASM1142
- USB Type-A - Fresco Logic FL1100EX (x2)
- Ethernet - Intel i210
- S/PDIF Audio - C Media CM6533
- RoHS Compliant
- Reach Certification
- Ethernet Speeds (RJ-45)
- 1Gb/s "Gigabit" (1000BASE-T)
- 100Mb/s (100BASE-T)
- 10Mb/s (10BASE-T)
- Mac OS Compatibility
- macOS 11.1 Big Sur
- macOS 11.0 Big Sur
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 10.14 Mojave
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- macOS 10.12 Sierra
- PC OS Compatibility
- Windows 10 32-bit Edition
- Windows 10 64-bit Edition
- Windows Server 2016
- Other Requirements
- Thunderbolt 2/Thunderbolt compatibility requires a certified Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 (mDP) adapter and a Thunderbolt 2 cable. This configuration provides data transfer at Thunderbolt 2 speeds (up to 20Gb/s) but does not support notebook charging.
- Host Port Requirements
- Mac or PC with a Thunderbolt 3 port or later
- Mac with Thunderbolt 2/Thunderbolt port (requires adapter)
- Driver Required
- Download Driver
- High-power USB support is required for compatibility with the Apple SuperDrive and Apple USB keyboard, and is required to enable high-speed charging for Apple iPads, iPhones and other higher-power capable devices. To enable high-power USB support please download the appropriate app and driver bundle.
- Power Supply
- External UL-listed universal auto-switching power supply
- AC Input
- 120-240V, 50-60Hz, 2.5
- DC Output
- +20V, 9A
- 180W Watts
- External Power Adapter
- Power Delivery
- Up to 85W via Thunderbolt 3 host port
- Device Ports
- (2) Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) Ports
- (1) USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C Port up to 10Gb/s (1250MB/s) - USB 2.0/3.0 backwards compatible
- (5) USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Ports up to 600MB/s
- (1) Mini DisplayPort Port
- (1) Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) RJ-45 Port
- (1) 3.5mm Stereo Audio Input/Output Combo Port
- Memory Card Slots
- (1) microSD
- (1) Secure Digital (SD)
- Security Slot
- Housing Color
- Chassis: Space Gray
- Covers: Black
- Housing Material
- Chassis: Aluminum
- Covers: Polycarbonate
- Height: 2.5 cm (1.0 in)
- Length: 8.9 cm (3.5 in)
- Width: 23.0 cm (9.1 in)
- 500.0 g (1.10 lbs)
- Additional Ports
- Operating: -304.8 m to 3,048.0 m (-1,000 ft to 10,000 ft)
- Non-Operating: -304.8 m to 12,192.0 m (-1,000 ft to 40,000 ft)
- Both the SD card reader and the micro SD card reader are controlled by the same chipset. This means that only one can be in use at a time.
- Dual displays require a native Thunderbolt 3 display or the appropriate Thunderbolt 3 adapter. Dual 4K setups will run at different refresh rates depending on which OS and connection types are being utilized.
- Apple M1 Mac models support only a single display over Thunderbolt. Dual display configurations are possible with the Mac min via the additional built-in HDMI 2.0 port.
- Rear-facing USB-C port supports up to 10Gb/s. Front-facing USB-C port supports up to 8Gb/s.