HDMI Headless 4K Display Emulator
Enjoy up to 4K resolution and full system responsiveness while remotely accessing a Mac or PC
View a remote machine’s desktop like you were sitting right in front of a connected display
Running your Mac or PC “headless” (no keyboard, mouse or monitor) is a great way to turn a machine into a network file and/or media server. Small form factor machines like the Mac mini or Intel NUC – as well the compact cylindrical Mac Pro 2013 - are ideal for placing into a space confined closet or rack. Remote accessing these machines used to mean being limited to viewing a hard to view, low resolution screen…even if you used an older monitor connected to the remote machine. With the NewerTech HDMI Headless 4K Display Emulator, you can now break free of limited 1024 x 768 or 1280 x 1024 resolution headaches when accessing macOS, Windows, and Linux machines remotely while viewing the desktop with up to full 4K 4096 x 2160 resolution.
Remote viewing options
- Operate machine headless and accept the resolution the machine will deliver. Uncertain and possibly frustrating outcome because various machines and/or operating systems will default in to lowest possible resolution and perhaps no display at all.
- Use older monitor but be limited to low resolution display. Far from ideal.
- Use newer, high resolution monitor. Cost prohibitive for the limited use.
- Use extremely affordable, benchmark tested proven NewerTech HDMI Headless 4K Display Emulator and enjoy up to 4096 x 2160 Ultra High Definition resolution.
A UPC (Universal Product Code) or EAN (International Article Number) is a unique code used to identify a product.
- OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Windows 7 or later
- Driver not required for OS X
- Driver not required for Windows
- Mac or PC featuring HDMI interface
- Recommended (best performance)
- Wireless: 802.11n or better
- Wired: Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) or better
- 4096x2160 @ 30Hz/29Hz/24Hz
- 3840x2160 @ 30Hz/29Hz/24Hz
- 2560x1600 @ 75Hz/30Hz/24Hz
- 2560x1440 @ 75Hz/60Hz
- 2560x1080 @ 30Hz
- 2048x1536 @ 30Hz/29Hz
- 1920x1440 @ 75Hz/60Hz
- 1920x1200 @ 90Hz/75Hz/60Hz
- 1920x1080 @ 120hz/100Hz/90Hz/75Hz/60Hz/30Hz
- 1440x900 @ 120hz/100Hz/90Hz/75Hz/60Hz/30Hz
- 800x600 @ 60Hz/30Hz
- 640x480 @ 100Hz/75Hz/60Hz/30Hz
- Actual resolutions presented on a system will vary depending on the computer and the operating system version.
- 6 mm (0.2 in)
- 18 mm (0.7 in)
- 25 mm (1.0 in)
- 5.7 g (0.2 oz)
Manufacturer provided specifications for Newer Technology p/n ADP4KHEAD UPC#: 811643015470
Compatible with Intel / AMD Process based PCs capable with the specifications listed above. Memory complies with JEDEC Specifications, document JESD79-3B.